to be quite honest, 2021 hasn’t been a good reading year so far… i am eight books behind on my goodreads reading challenge (of 50 books), and i have yet to discover a new fave… to sum it up, 2021 has been disappointing, to say the least.
i have also fallen into one of the biggest slumps ever; reading and blogging-wise. which is also why i haven’t been reading many books lately, and why i haven’t been enjoying a lot of them.
but let’s stay optimistic! i have read some pretty good books this year. i also had a GREAT birthday – i turned 20 on may 30th – AND got a smol kitty cat! he’s the reason i wake up every morning (literally, he wakes me up at 7am).
i decided today to talk about the ones i have read in the last three months: march, april and may 2020! so without further ado, here’s my MARCH + APRIL + MAY 2021 WRAP UP!
- Twice Shy, by sarah hogle: this book had me crying at midnight by how soft it is! it’s so beautiful and so cute and so wholesome and so AAAAAAAAHHH… sarah hogle hit a tender spot in my heart once again, because TWICE SHY had me feeling a lot of warm feels at once, and i could barely take it.
- SPY X FAMILY Vol.2, by tatsuya endo: this manga series is honestly a great distraction if you’re busy like i was with finals, or if you’re just looking for something quick, fun and wholesome to read. as i previously predicted, this volume is even better than the first one!
- SPY X FAMILY Vol.3, by tatsuya endo: same with added wholesome-ness and added fun. also, i spot a doggo in future volumes *side eye*.
- Kenrantaru Grande Scène Vol.1 + Vol.2, by cuvie: i spotted this manga in my library and decided to pick it up even though i had never heard of it before, and boi was i pleasantly surprised! this story is so quick to read yet touches your heart with its great discussion about the world of ballerinas and especially the over-the-top expectations that pressures them. i highly recommend it!
- Counting Down with You, by tashie bhuiyan: though i found this to be a bit too cliché for my taste, i enjoyed reading about a lost seventeen-years-old teenager who slowly learns the meaning of love. the writing was simple and cute. however, i had a hard time liking the love interest…
and these are all the books i have read in the last three months! as i said before, i enjoyed them all but i still haven’t discovered a new fave. well, let’s hope june is the month i do that! i am already currently reading two books i am really enjoying! let’s hope june has great books in stores for me.