this year is going slowly yet fast in a way i cannot explain and i don’t know how to deal with it.
september was no exception. not only did my personal life take an unexpected turn, i also started college, which has stolen away every bit of free time i had. i struggled to keep up with everything, and that’s why i neglected this blog a little bit.
but fear not! i have come back with great ideas for future posts. i just need to actually apply them…
for the same reasons stated above, i have not read as many books as i read during the summer (obviously). however, i am still proud my reading month because most of the books were really good! so let’s talk about the EIGHT BOOKS I HAVE READ IN SEPTEMBER:
click on the cover for more info about the book!
- The Princess Trap (Dirty British Romance #1), by talia hibbert: this was a lot of fun! talia hibbert always delivers with her stories and this was no exception. also, the audiobook really enhanced my experience so i highly recommend it.
- The Burning God (The Poppy War #3), by r. f. kuang (ARC): this was just…wow. i loved it so much. it destroyed every bit of hope i had for the world yet i hold it so dearly in my heart. (my favorite is still The Dragon Republic though.)
- Me + Somebody’s Son: A Heights Story, by christina c. jones: i was looking for a quick novella to read between classes and this was just what i needed. it’s funny, it’s amazing, it’s hot, and it’s basically everything i am looking for in a erotica
- One Last Dance, by anna stone: this wasn’t bad, but could’ve been much better if the romance hasn’t started when one of the characters was 18 and the other in her late twenties? though the characters do not get together until much later, it bugs me that their feelings for each other started developping at that point. other than that, it’s an interesting, quick story.
- The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy #1), by s. a. chakraborty (REREAD): i loved this as much as the first time i read it, if not more. this story is just so!! great!! i really have no words. i can’t wait to see where the story goes in the next book.
- Furia, by yamile saied méndez (ARC): this was so…i have no words. it made me feel a lot of things, including happiness and sadness (at the same time?). this book holds a strong message about following dreams, hope, getting out of toxic environments and love.
- Birthday Sex, by té russ: a breath of fresh air. i read it in one sitting since it’s only 43 pages, and it was so good!!! i did not expect to like it as much as i did. definitely pick it up if you’re looking for some quick erotica to kill time.
- The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club #1), by lyssa kay adams: this book guys!!!!! this book was so funny, so amazing, so cute and everything i loved it so much!!!!!!! my only complaint though is that one of the issues did not really get resolved (at least in my opinion). also, i just received the next book in the mail today and i can’t wait to dive into it!
(if you follow me on Goodreads you have probably seen that i have read one more book, just know that it’s only 16 pages and i read it because it’s so ridiculously funny, so it was the source of great laughs with friends. that’s why i am not including it here.)
on the blog:
- BLOG TOUR: Crowning Soul, by sahira javaid (interview with the author)
- (an extremely long) june + july + august 2020 wrap up
- a good ol’ list of my favorite reads of the summer! (aka my comeback post)
though i am not happy with my blog this month, i try not to beat myself up about it because i know i needed time to organize myself in order to give time to every one of my activities (reading, blogging, studying, surviving, etc.). however, i do hope to post more during october!
goals for the next month:
- read more indie books/novellas
- post more on the blog
- rest when needed