don’t you wish sometimes you would just read a story that will make you squeal with delight and leave you beaming and grinning with happiness? well, the superheroine that i am is here to deliver!
i noticed that i have been focusing on more smutty recommendations in my last few posts, so i decided why not recommend another type (?) of romance!! these will make your heart melt and turn in a puddle of soft feelings. anyway, here are SOME OF THE FLUFFIEST ROMANCE NOVELS I HAVE READ:
(click on the cover to be directed to the book’s goodreads page!)
- There’s Something About Sweetie (Dimple and Rishi #2), by sandhya menon: while the other books in the series are cute as well, There’s Something About Sweetie is EXTRA CUTE. the characters are just BABIES and their romance is so just!!!!!!! (yes, this is very coherent, so read the book.) (content warning: fatphobia.)
- I’ll Be the One, by lyla lee: i picked this story when i was feeling a little down and it put a huge smile on my face!! this story about a fat korean teenager struggling to enter the kpop world (because of the fatphobia) and falling in love is so!! so!! cute!! i am absolutely in love and would do anything to protect these babies. (cw: fatphobia, toxic parents.)
- Heartstopper, by alice oseman: a graphic romance novel about two boys who meet in class and fall in love is just so so so cute. i read volume 1 in one sitting and i can’t wait to read the rest! (unless i am so excited that after writing this post i drop everything and read the next two volumes.) (cw for volume 1: dealing with past toxic relationship, homophobia.)
- You Should See Me in a Crown, by leah johnson: while this story is more about friendship and self-love (and other important social issues), this book is just so so so cuteee, and the (sapphic) romance left me beaming the entire time. (cw: outing of a character, chronical illness of a loved one, racism, homophobia, anxiety, panic attacks.)
- Her Royal Highness (Royals #2), by rachel hawkins: this royal sapphic romance about a girl who moves to scotland and falls in love with a princess is PERFECT if you’re looking for something perfectly flawed yet so good. i completely understand why people didn’t like this but!! i loved it!! and i am not ashamed!! i don’t care!!! it’s sapphic!!
- Love from A to Z, by s. k. ali: i will forever and ever recommend this sweet book because it means so much to me! two people meet and fall in love while dealing with personal things and i love this story so much. what i love the most about it is that the characters grow and develop both through their relationship and outside of it, as individuals. (cw: islamophobia, dealing with death of a loved one, depictions of grief, mentions of war.)
New adult/ Adult Fiction:
- Red, White & Royal Blue, by casey mcquiston: everyone and their mothers have heard about this book so all i am going to say is while there are some smutty scenes in this, it is also so so so so so cute. like, ADORKABLY cute. (cw: public outting, anxiety and depression, homophobia (challenged), talk of racism, talk of parental death after battling cancer, past drug abuse, talk of attempted sexual assault and statuatory rape as well as blackmailing, on-page sex.)
- Soft on Soft, by mina waheed: if you’re looking for something sapphic, soft and where nothing really happens only softness, then you should definitely pick up this book. it’s less than 200 pages, so you’ll read it in no-time! (and it’s available on kindle unlimited!)
- The Unhoneymooners, by christina lauren: a woman is forced to go on a honeymoon with her brother-in-law’s brother, whom she hates. and this is so easy to get into i read it in a day! and for people who don’t like smut but want to read adult romance, this is perfect for you! it has fade-to-black scenes. (cw: cheating.)
- Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters #2), by talia hibbet: two friends decide to fake-date after a video of them goes viral, and this book guys, this book!! it’s literally the sweetest thing ever!! the main characters are both just balls of fluff i wanted to HUG THEM SO BAD. (cw: mentions of past toxic relationship, death of loved ones, anxiety attack, grief, on-page sex.)
- The Lady’s Guide to Celestial Mechanics (Feminine Pursuits #1), by olivia waite: this is actually one of the softest book i have ever read. it’s about two women falling in love while doing scientific work and beating the patriarchy in the scientific field, and it’s just so!!!! i love it so much. (cw: mention of past toxic relationship, grief, misogyny, on-page sex.)
aaaand there you go! i found all these books so fluffy and soft and i hope you’ll love them if you decide to pick them up!!